Braxton was born Sept 15th, 2008. What an exciting day. He did end up with some complications though. His lungs weren't fully developed and they later discovered that he's going through withdrawls from the medication I was on for preterm labor. He had to be incubated for 24 hours then was put on oxygen thgouh a nose tube. He also had to be on a feeding tube so he wouldn't asperate from his excellerated breathing. He had an art. line in for 4 days so we weren't able to hold him which was the hardest thing ever. He is now doing soooo much better he has been removed from all of those things as well as his jaundice lights. All he has in now is his IV. He has offically graduated to level 2 NICU. One step closer to coming home. I was able to feed him with a bottle for the very first time today and it was heavenly. There is no greater thing in this world than being a mother! Thank you for all of your prayers and love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Love the pictures and the update! Glad little Braxton is doing better. We hope he can come home soon! We'll keep you guys in our prayers.
Oh I'm so happy to see these pictures. We all have been keeping Braxton in our prayers. Even Gabe prays for him. I'm so glad he's getting stronger. Congratulations!
What a little QT!! I love baby's! Congrats...keep me updated. I am so glad that he is making progress.
Post a Comment