Sunday, April 19, 2009

Its a MIRACLE

Robyn has had a new determination to learn how to make homemade wheat bread and make it well! And man she has mastered it for sure! Well, that got me thinking. I have never made bread before in my life. I was a little worried because I have people all around me that can make absolutely amazing bread, so I was feeling a little overwhelmed as I wanted to succeed and do it as well as my "competition!" (It must be the Campbell blood in me) Anyway, I decided to atempt to make bread today ...grinding the wheat and all. As I started I was a little unsure of what I was doing but my mother-in-law has an amazing recipe that was really easy to follow. And as you can see, it turned out amazing! I am sooooo proud of my little creation. Brady thinks I am a dork 'cuz I kept calling him over to the oven to "see" how good it was doing. What can I say, it turned out great!

Now I can say that I am a homemade bread maker! I think that I am going to start making it more often and throw out the "buying" method! Wish me luck!!!

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

"grinding the wheat and all"... Wow! I consider using a breadmaker "homemade". haha.
way to go! I bet it is delish and your house smells so yummy! :)

Lauren said...

loves me some homemade bread

Heather said...

That looks so good! Great job Amber!

The Mendenhall's said...

You have got to post your bread recipe. I have tried serveral times to make great homeade bread and have not been successful. Your bread looks delicious I want to come have a bite.

Mary said...

Wow. Very impressive. If I make "homemade" bread, I throw the ingredients into the bread maker to make the dough and then throw the dough into bread pans to cook. I don't even own wheat, let alone know how to grind and use it. Looks yummy!

Mark and Jennifer said...

I can smell it now! Homemade whole wheat bread is the best - especially with butter. My mouth is watering!

Christa said...

Yeah! Email me your recipe. I have been making my own wheat/white bread for a year now and would like to try a new recipe. Thats awesome!

The Merrell Family said...

Way to go Amber. Hope it tastes as good as it looks.

Erin

Becky said...

Great job :) Theres nothing like homade bread...yum.

Unknown said...

Good Luck! The closest I got to making homemade bread is with a bread machine:(