after being on bedrest for 3 months from pre-term labor! I was so excited for this little guy to come...The first time I saw his little face I knew that I was in love! He had his daddy's BIG blue eyes that just gleam everytime he looks at you! I had an overwhelming amount of joy that he was finally here.
*** 7 lbs 2 oz. and 19 1/2 in.
He was having a hard time breathing but the nurses just chalked it up to that he probably swallowed a little fluid and that he would be just fine. So no worries right??? Well Brady swept him off after about an hour to the nursery to the first bath...and man, it seemed to take forever, some of my family arrived and were down watching so they decided to come give me a report. Brady still hadn't given him his bath and he seemed to be conversing ALOT with the other nurses.
After acouple of hours Brady finally came back and he didn't have Braxton with him. I was so confused. Brady explained to me that he was still having labored breathing and they were checking him into the NICU to run more test and x-rays to see what was going on.
Well, they found out that his lungs were under developed and he was having withdrawls from the meds I had to trake for the pre-term labor to stop the contractions and that he was going to have to stay inthe NICU for a while!!!
My heart just melted!!!!
To make an even longer story short...
Braxton was put in the level 3 NICU the highest before they have to go to Primary childrens. His nickname was "the monster" because compared to the other babies in there he was HUGE! Anyway, he had to have breathing tubes, IVs and the whole works.
Just to see him hooked up to everything made me feel so completely helpless...I couldnt hold him, feed him, change his diaper...I could barelt even touch him and could only see him during certain times for the first 4-5 days.
After being discharged from the hospital I was able to stay in an "xtra" room they have for these exact circumstances. I was lucky...but after those three days and having to go home...it was a VERY hard day! I dont know how some of these families do it for months on end!!! He was only in the NICU for 9 days but it felt like an eternity...
It was a hard few days to get him home but he recovered very fast!
We love him so much and am gratful to have in our family. He has the cutest and funniest personality ever and Madison loves her Brax very much!!! She helps with him in any way she can...like getting blankets, binkis and soothing him when he cries!
He is crawiling...finally normal...for a long time he would army crawl!
He is starting to walk with a little help.
He loves fruit, especially strawberries.
His first word was momma but now usually says dadda and boppa.
He is ALWAYS smiling and loves to giggle.
His favorite thing is to be hung upside down.
Some of his nicknames are drool-monster, little man, little Brady, buddy, Brax, brother.







7 comments:
What a big boy! We love our Braxton boy...even if it's from far away. Hope he has the best birthday ever and we certainly hope those teeth of his came in so he can enjoy his birthday cake! Big hugs and kisses from us.
what a cute boy! i love that they named in monster in the NICU... so cute. i had no idea of the ordeal you went through. that would be so hard. i'm so happy that he is a very cute & healthy one year old. :)
I did not know the story of his birth. Wow! Scary! Well he looks like a "monster" now and a very healthy one. He's also adorable. Thanks for sharing.
What a cutie! I can't believe it has been a year already!! Even after 9 years we still count our blessing that we got to bring our NICU baby home, it's so scary!
Happy late birthday little man! I can't imagine not leaving with my baby from the hospital. I'm glad things worked out and I can't believe thats he a year! Time to start thinking about baby number 3 hahaha.
Glad everything turned out for the best. he is one cute kid. Happy Birthday!
Funny thing is I remember you being that age! Wow, I am OLD! What a cute little guy! I love the nickname "Monster"! It suits him well :)
Post a Comment