Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Beginning of a LONG Journey



So I have decided that I really need to lose some wieght and get into better shape. I have done this many times before, only to crash and fall!!! I always start out really well, very motivated and get maybe a week into it, and lose the motivation. So I am trying to try some new things. I am going to blog about my experience everyday as I work out and eat healthy so I can look back and see improvements. I also am in hopes that there are some faithful "blog readers" out there to make me accountable for doing it!


I have started weight watchers and working out with the p90x videos.


And here begins the journey!


Yesterday I started the first video of p90x and man...it was HARD!!! I was already sweating and we were only in the warm up part of the video...I kept thinking to myself, "Can I really do this?" I just had to keep reminding myself that it might be hard at first cuz you havent really worked out in a VERY long time. So I kept going...everything just seemed to be sooo hard. I think I really struggled with this because I was so athletic in high school and could just about anything I wanted and this was a totally different experience. In the end, I was only able to do about half of the video but I felt good about it that I finally got of my butt and decided to make a change. Here's to better days ahead!!!


6 comments:

Becky said...

Good for you Amber! I think getting started is half the battle. That's definitely my battle :) You can do anything you set your mind to. Good luck.
Love ya girl!

brigette said...

you can do it!! We can root each other on... Ive been working out at the gym at work but really need to eat better!! I am rooting you on :0)

Jaime said...

You can do it! Good luck, and I look forward to reading about your success.

BonnieKaye said...

P90X is a killer, but a great workout. Just remember, that something is better than nothing. If you don't have time/energy for the full routine, do part of it. Just do something everyday. And, yes, I'm lecturing myself right now.

KrisFlower said...

Hey Amber,
I'm proud of you, the first step is always the hardest! You should check out htpps://www.sparkpeople.com, its a free on-line community of people who are changing their lives for the best! I love it, the community members are super nice and supportive!


good luck
Kristi

Ammo and Josh said...

way to go!!! I need to jump on that wagon myself :) I have had many friends have great success on weight watchers. It sounds like you are making so postive lifestyle changes. Im routing for ya!